What is a Community Grant?
Through our local foundation, the New Bern Breakfast Rotary Club invests in effective not-for-profit organizations that promote a thriving community. We are committed to providing support to a diverse group of organizations that improve the quality of life for the residents in the New Bern area.
Types of funding:
We allocate funding in two ways:
- For requests of $1000 or less – we ask that a brief letter explaining how the funds will be used.
- For requests of more than $1000 - please complete the full grant application.
Community Grants are NOT available for :
- Organizations NOT tax exempt under 501(c)(3)
- Multi-year grants
- Grants to individuals
- Projects aimed at promoting a particular religion or construction projects for religious institutions
- Operating, program and construction costs for schools, universities and private academies
- Organizations or projects that discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender or sexual orientation
- Political campaigns or direct lobbying efforts
- Post-event, after the fact situations or debt retirement
- Medical, scientific or academic research.
- Publications, films or other electronic media materials or programs for artistic or resale purposes.
- Travel for bands, sports teams, classes and similar groups.
- Fundraising events
- Annual appeals, galas or membership contributions.
Letters and applications are accepted throughout the year. Applications can be completed and submitted online or printed out and mailed to:
New Bern Breakfast Rotary
P.O. Box 14625
New Bern, NC 28561
The Grant Committee normally reviews proposals as they are received and presents them to the Board of Directors for a decision at the monthly Board meeting.
The applicants will be contacted to notify them of the status of their proposal following the board meeting where their application was reviewed. Funds approved are to be used a soon as possible.
Members of the New Bern Breakfast Rotary Club are encouraged to sponsor grant proposals.
Grant recipients are expected to use the funds for the approved purpose and the funds are to be expended within the specified period of time. The New Bern Breakfast Rotary Club requires the grant recipients submit a written report on the funded projects no later than one year from the receipt of the funds.